If you want to understand what Baldrige is all about, you need to know what is addressed by the Baldrige model.
The Baldrige model is defined by the Baldrige Criteria, which is organized into seven categories and 17 items. In this series, Baldrige.com explores the elements of each item in the Baldrige model. Click on the links below and you will see what processes each item covers as well as best practices and common problems in each.
To understand how all of this fits together, we encourage you to read the application summary of a Baldrige Award winner. These application summaries describe the processes and results for all areas of the organization’s management system. You can find a list of winners and their summaries here.
Category 1: Leadership
Category 2: Strategic Planning
Category 3: Customer Focus
- How do you obtain information from your customers?
- How do you engage customers to serve their needs and build relationships?
Category 4: Measurement, Analysis, and Knowledge Management
- How do you measure, analyze, and improve organization performance?
- How do you manage information, knowledge, and information technology?
Category 5: Workforce Focus
- How do you build an effective and supportive workforce environment?
- How do you engage your workforce to achieve organizational and personal success?
Category 6: Operations Focus
- How do you design, manage and improve your work systems?
- How do you design, manage and improve your key work processes?
Category 7: Results